This course provides training in a new evidence-based treatment for juvenile on or at risk for probation. Based on existing research, including by Dr. Ralph, prosocial reasoning is identified as a modifiable criminogenic risk factor of juvenile crime. The Being a Pro model is an intervention to promote prosocial reasoning based on existing research. This training enables provides sufficient information to begin using the model and workbook. The course is PowerPoint text based with voice narration.
The content is relevant for those who treat juveniles on or at risk for probation.
Upon completion of this course, readers will be able to:
1. Describe the prosocial model
2. Describe two research papers supporting the prosocial model.
3. Name two possible positive outcomes from the Being a Pro model.
4. Describe two required elements for using Being a Pro.
5. Describe two criteria for selection for Being a Pro.